Easy Lemon Honey Baked Salmon. A quick, easy, gluten free, and healthy recipe made with salmon fillets, salt, pepper, garlic powder, honey, lemon juice, butter, and dijon mustard!
If you love this quick and easy healthy dinner, you’ll also love: healthy greek yogurt lemon parmesan tilapia, healthy mexican casserole, and slow cooker chicken lentil soup!
Anyone else eat too much sugar this weekend? While we didn’t actually eat any Easter candy (I WILL pound an entire bag of Reese’s eggs in one sitting if they enter this house), we DID celebrate Trevor’s birthday this weekend, which means, cake. Lots and lots of cake. And cupcakes. #YOLO #noregrets
So, today, bring ooooon the healthy eats, please! While this easy lemon honey baked salmon is quick, easy, and healthy, I promise you, it won’t disappoint.
It comes together in a matter of minutes and it’s PACKED with fresh, bright lemon-y honey flavor. It’s the perfect busy weeknight meal.
What should I put on my salmon?
- Acid – like lemon, lime, or orange
- Spices – like salt and pepper
- A touch of sweetness – brown sugar, honey, or maple syrup
- Fat – butter or oil
Ingredients in honey baked salmon:
- Salmon fillets
- Garlic powder
- Lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
How to make honey baked salmon:
- Grease a glass baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place salmon fillets skin side down into prepared pan.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, lemon, melted butter, and dijon.
- Pour half of the marinade over salmon and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Bake marinated salmon, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork and is cooked to your liking. Time will depend on thickness of salmon.
- Taste and re-season if necessary.
- Serve with remaining sauce and enjoy!
How do you know when salmon is done?
When salmon flakes easily with a fork, it’s done! 10-15 minutes should be just about right!
What is a good side dish with salmon?
- Instant pot mushroom risotto
- Lemon parmesan roasted asparagus
- Balsamic roasted vegetables
- Roasted carrot soup
- Honey goat cheese strawberry spinach salad
What would YOU serve with this easy lemon honey baked salmon?
This recipe literally comes together in a matter of minutes, making it PERFECT for those who forget to plan ahead! I bet you already have most of these ingredients on hand. 🙂 Especially if you’re like me and always have a stash of frozen salmon in the freezer for last minute dinners.
Tender, flakey salmon with tangy lemon, sweet honey, and a touch of butter to round it out . . .
. . . healthy eating never tasted so good!
Do you want more salmon recipes? Show Me the Yummy!